If you’re anything like me, you probably take your kids to see every age-appropriate movie as soon as it opens. It started as a way to keep the offspring occupied when they were tiny handfuls, but it’s blossomed into a full-fledged love of film that I get to share with my daughters. That’s why I love it when people ask me AND MY GIRLS about new releases. I got their help when putting together this list of our Top 5 Movies Worth Seeing Twice, because sometimes you’d rather spend your money on a sure thing.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales– Look, this isn’t a great movie by any stretch but it IS a solid ending to the franchise (please let this be the last one because Johnny Depp needs a nap). If your kids are fans of the Pirates movies, they’ll love seeing how it ends and especially enjoy the special effects. Find tickets HERE.
4. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie– This is one of Lucy’s picks and I definitely think kids 13 and younger will LOVE IT. It’s a near-perfect big-screen version of the books and the jokes come at you so quickly, you’ll need a second viewing to catch them all. Find tickets HERE.
3. Cars 3– Both of my girls loved this one and agreed it was even better than the first Cars movie. NASCAR fans will love the countless driver cameos and there’s an unexpected Girl Power theme that runs throughout. Find tickets HERE.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2– I saw the second Guardians movie twice, on back-to-back nights. I laughed just as hard the second time, which is why I totally agreed when the girls said it should be in the list. As a matter of fact, it was Emma’s #1 pick. Find tickets HERE.
1. Wonder Woman– I get a little weird when people tell me they haven’t seen Wonder Woman yet. Especially if they wave a hand at me and try to act like it isn’t an important movie. I have to tell them about that awesome moment, when the lights came up and I asked my girls how they liked the movie. They were both sitting in awe, and Lucy was still wiping away tears when Emma said, “That was WONDERFUL!” Because Wonder Woman IS wonderful and totally worth watching again and again and again. Find tickets HERE.
Don’t forget that there are tons of DOLLAR THEATERS out there, where you can see old releases for a reduced cost. Most places charge more than a dollar these days, but you can still take the whole family to flicks like Boss Baby, Beauty and the Beast and Kong: Skull Island for far less than a new movie. Here’s a link to some North Texas Dollar Theaters, but call before you head to any of them. Sadly, Dollar Theaters are a dying breed and many have closed their doors so definitely check before piling into the car! And remember, the CHEAPEST way to see a movie is by getting FREE MOVIE PASSES from me, so click HERE to see what I’m giving away RIGHT NOW!