I know we usually talk about movies to RENT but I’m taking a break from that to make sure EVERYONE is aware of THIS:
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available on DVD APRIL 5TH! As in NEXT FREAKING WEEK! If you haven’t already preordered it, you can do so now. We bought it for my daughter since her birthday is coming up but everyone in my house is about to pee their pants over it.
4. I watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 with my kids last weekend and I liked it SO much more than the first time. The second-viewing is usually like that for me, when I have high expectations for a film. You can read my original review by clicking HERE, and I should go ahead and own up to the fact that I called a Mockingbird a Mockingjay the other day. My kids jumped all OVER me.
3. This is how you should watch The Hateful Eight. At home and on your sofa, where you can fast forward through the intermission or the Ennio Morricone musical interludes. Where you can take a break from this 167 minute long movie to eat, or sleep or just walk around your house. Then again, Quentin Tarantino probably found a way to release a DVD that won’t LET you do any of those things. Wait, I’m kidding but now I’m actually a little worried that he did.
2. Remember when Sylvester Stallone didn’t win a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role in Creed? Remember how much that sucked? It didn’t suck as much as crying through Lady Gaga’s Til It Happens to You performance, only to watch her LOSE the Oscar to that stupid James Bond theme. That really sucked. I digress. Stallone is phenomenal as an aging Balboa but Creed as a whole is a tribute to everything that was great about Rocky. You will love it.
1. Spotlight won the Oscar for Best Picture this year and even though it wasn’t my pick, I couldn’t really complain. This movie is damn near perfect. Just go back and read my original review. I wrote it right after I saw Spotlight and was so excited, I was telling strangers in the parking lot about it. Click HERE to read that.
Have a great weekend, enjoy your movies and don’t forget about Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Dang it, they really should be paying me for those reminders.